Zion Industrial at Southlake, located at 1791 Mt. Zion Road in Morrow, Georgia, is a 468K SF industrial distribution facility located in the Hartsfield Jackson Airport / N. Clayton submarket. Originally constructed in 1972, the 22’ clear height building is currently undergoing a modern renovation to add a new ESFR sprinkler system, updated switchgear and lighting, a newly surfaced parking lot, and improved circulation by virtue of a selective demolition process in order to open up the east side for additional trailer parking and full vehicular access around the site. Currently vacant, this asset will provide valuable square footage in a submarket with sub 5% vacancy.
Forecasts for rent growth in this submarket is projected to continue at the same pace as has been for the past 18+ months, with pent-up tenant demand feverously competing for available inventory. As of Q1 2022, throughout South Atlanta there are 9 tenants with size requirements of 500K – 750K SF in size, 15 tenants with a 200K – 500K SF size requirements and 24 tenants with size requirements ranging from 30K – 200K SF. This total tenant demand translates to roughly 12.75M SF of required space in South Atlanta, which will not be satisfied by existing and new space in the pipeline.
By rebranding and relaunching this asset, Zion Industrial will meet immediate demand in the marketplace.
• Estimated 467,526 SF after alteration with 22’ clear height
• Site is 24.7 acres with potential trailer parking expansion nearby
• Property is currently demised to accommodate up to five tenants, however
space could be consolidated for fewer.
• Delivery estimated at end of 2022
• Existing main offices will be refreshed along with other improvements
• 3 sides of loading with an above market dock door ratio
- Hartsfield Jackson Airport / North Clayton submarket
- Less than 7 miles from ATL
- Three on-ramps to I-75 within 6 miles of the location