Durham, North Carolina
Golden Belt is a fully restored historic textile mill and bag factory located in downtown Durham. The 170,000 square foot project was initially restored in 2008, and a capital improvement project was performed in 2020 to refresh the connectivity, look and feel of the grounds and common areas. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the unique collection structures including Buildings 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 has been renovated into a Class A mixed use office, lab, residential, and retail in this highly desirable market.
Golden Belt is part of Golden Belt Campus, an adaptive reuse project that combines modern offices, historic architecture, ag-tech lab space, fine arts studios and galleries, live entertainment on the Mill Stage and plaza, an array of dining options, and Hi-Wire brewery’s 8K SF tap room in a restored early 1900’s textile mill.
With a focus on the arts and creativity, Golden Belt features a sustainable design and a historic restoration that embraces an authentic industrial aesthetic to forge a unique urban environment where creative people innovate, recreate and reside.
Golden Belt is the go-to place in the Triangle for creative pursuits, cultural events and a hip lifestyle.
- Antique maple hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings and large windows for plentiful natural lighting.
- The campus hosts an array of dining and happy hour options, including Asian eats and treats at Yaya Tea, sandwiches, salads, entrees, and a full bar J. Lights Market & Café, handmade confections at Two Roosters Ice Cream, craft beer at Hi-Wire in their 8K SF taproom, and coming soon, Neapolitan pizza from Cugino Forno.
- Brick and timber construction with early 1900’s period details. Artifacts from the textile mill have been retained and restored for posterity.
- Up–to–date new internal control systems, new elevators, high speed internet, fire and life safety system, and security systems.
- Community art is always on display in the Building 2 gallery.
Several outdoor spaces for meet ups and picnic spots.
- A converted railroad spur path connecting Main Street to the Mill plaza is planted with local pollinator plants and trees, and certified by the Audubon Society of North Carolina.
- Home of the Cotton Room a truly unique event space on the third floor of Building 2. See video link below for more information.
- Services onsite include Moshi Moshi salon and Dogstar Tattoo.
- Office and lab tenants include Pairwise, Leyline Renewable Capital, Velocity Clinical Research, Audubon Society of North Carolina, the City of Durham, Durham TRY, and Christ Central Church’s administrative offices.
- LEED certified upon completion of initial restoration.
For more information and leasing availability, please visit the campus website at https://goldenbeltarts.com.
- Located on the East end of downtown Durham.
- Golden Belt is conveniently accessible from both the Fayetteville St. and Alston Ave. Durham Freeway exits (Hwy. 147), and is a minutes’ walk from downtown attractions such as the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, Durham Performing Arts Center, hotels and restaurants, and Main Street shops.
- Served by local scooter and bike share providers.
- Approximately 30 minutes from RDU International Airport.
- Ample onsite parking.